The following stipulations govern content on gracebytruth.com and on other Grace by Truth media channels for questions of usage, copyright, and permissions.
Audio and Video
Grace by Truth is the official repository of all of Dr. James Brooks Bible-teaching material. We want to maximize your flexibility in sharing resources while simultaneously maintaining quality control and connecting people with our ministry. Please partner with us by observing the following guidelines.
You may link to and share media produced by Grace by Truth, but you may not post the media on your website or host them on your media channel. You may not create or use edited versions of Grace by Truth media without permission.
You may not duplicate and distribute any audio and video messages in CD, DVD, and digital formats without prior permission as long as you follow the restrictions outlined below.
- You may duplicate and distribute only full-length versions of the messages.
- You may not edit the content in any way.
- You may not charge for the material (even to recoup your costs).
- If you copy material to a CD or DVD, please include the following information on the CD or DVD:
- The title of the message
- “Copyright [fill in the year of the message] by Dr. James Brooks. Used by permission from GracebyTruth.com”
- Contact: [email protected]
- You may not include personal or organizational contact information on any CDs or DVDs.
- You may not use or reproduce the Grace by Truth logo for any purpose, with the exception that the Grace by Truth logo may appear on your website as a clickable link that redirects the user to the Grace by Truth website.
- The rebranding of Grace by Truth materials is prohibited. No logo, graphic embellishment, word or words, mark of any kind, audio recording, or video recording may be added to any Grace by Truth audio resource or video resource.
Grace by Truth and Dr. James Brooks reserve all copyright protections under applicable law and we reserve the right to revoke or modify these permissions at any time.
We are happy to allow you permission to use content from the Bible Study section of our website under the following guidelines.
Using Grace by Truth Web Content – General Guidelines
- Provide the content for free.
- Make no changes to the content.
- Credit the content to Dr. James Brooks or Grace by Truth.
- Cite the copyright information (e.g., “Copyright 2019, Grace by Truth. All rights reserved. Used by permission.”).
- Cite the source by providing the Web address (e.g., “gracebytruth.com”).
Posting Grace by Truth Web Content on Your Website
- Link to the content on the Grace by Truth website (preferred), or,
- Post it in accordance with the General Guidelines (above) and include this message on every page of posted content: “This Grace by Truth article originally appeared here.”
- Make the word “here” link to the specific URL where the content lives.
- Make the words “Grace by Truth” link to the Grace by Truth homepage.
Distributing Grace by Truth Web Content
Distribution in print (newsletter, bulletin, tract, etc.) or in an email is permitted, provided the General Guidelines (above) are followed.
Using Grace by Truth Web Transcripts
Since many of our transcripts have not been subjected to our editorial process, usage permission is extended as follows:
- You may use any transcript from the Expository section in accordance with the guidelines stated above.
- If you desire to use transcripts that are not in the Expository section, send us an email ([email protected]) to request specific permission.
- You may not reproduce sermon transcripts in any print format (e.g., books, magazines, newsletters, or pamphlets).